Remember when I said in my previous post on the topic that I would still recommend going to arcades in Singapore as a “Japan away from Japan”? Well, I actually want to take that entire last paragraph back (except for the part where I said that I would rather live in Japan than in Singapore for the reasons I described). Certainly, there are many aspects of Japanese culture that can be found in Singapore, but there are many things that are lacking due to Singapore being a diverse society. For now, I would like to go more in-depth this time on rhythm games, the type of games in which I specialize in and play the most, particularly the series of BEMANI games developed by Konami. As I am in Singapore, though, there is a lot of variety when it comes to the different types of rhythm games by many developers that can be found, although I have many criticisms of all of these games, but that’s something I talk about for another time. This diversity, however, comes at the expense of continued support for each individual game, and Singapore currently seems to be unable to sustain both the quantity and quality of arcade games that the fans demand.
What’s on your mind?
What’s on my mind?
- Two of my favorite genres in one: Drum 'n' Bass 'n' Jazz | Genre Mash by Andrew Huang & Boyinaband: youtu.be/ctRKt5pG61E via @youtube 4 days ago
- RT @wikileaks: US push on intellectual property violates international norms | AJA america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2013/… more: wikileaks.org/tpp/ #tpp 6 days ago
- Summer Fairytale (EDP) 999,760 DDR 2013 AC: youtu.be/eSyfzmdJ964?a via @YouTube 6 days ago
- Tell Me What To Do (EDP) 999,520 DDR 2013 AC: youtu.be/hOe6V1at9SM?a via @YouTube 6 days ago
- escape (EDP) 999,590 DDR 2013 AC: youtu.be/OfFxPa4fmTQ?a via @YouTube 6 days ago
Thought BubbleAfterlife Akihabara Amusement arcade Angel Beats! Animation anime Arcade game arcade gaming art Arts Asia blog Buddhism Business Communication Culture of Japan Dance Dance Revolution Dance Dance Revolution Series Dance Dance Revolution X2 Dance music DDR Education Eugene existentialism Facebook Games gaming Globalization God Happiness Hatsune Miku hedonism Internet Japan Japanese popular culture justice Konami Manga media morality music Music video game nature obscenity Oregon Otaku philosophy Popular culture religion Religion & Spirituality Religion and Spirituality Review Rock Band Romans Shopping Singapore Social media Social Networking space Study Abroad Summer technology Television time Tokyo Travel United States University of Oregon update Video game Video game console video games Vocaloid Wordpress Youth subculture