So as I am studying abroad in Singapore, I had the unexpected privilege of attending the Anime Festival Asia convention this year. I say “unexpected” because I have never been to any anime conventions before and the thought of going to one never really crossed my mind. I could never attend any conventions back in the United States because they are all so far away from where I live that I almost practically gave up. Even then, I was only interested in attending one out of the three days the convention was open. I was never the kind of otaku that buys an excessive amount of pointless merchandise just because some random anime looks cool on the surface and am still not today; even the cost of just attending some conventions can be a financial obstacle at times. In this post, I will be recounting my day at the convention and concert on Friday, 8 November, 2013, and giving my impressions on the events that day.
What’s on your mind?
What’s on my mind?
- 最近好きになった曲は Sanaas & Asterisk - Reliance (Team Grimoire remix) by Team Grimoire soundcloud.com/team-grimoire/… on #SoundCloud 1 day ago
- Mario Golf: Advance Tour > World Tour 1 day ago
- Now if only people still listen to the radio . . . 1 day ago
- In two days, I'm about to bring fresh music to the radio like nobody has ever seen before. 1 day ago
- 最近好きになった曲は 【-crucible- [AVRN-006]】Kaname Shigeyoshi - Causeway Bay St. by @shigeyoshi2885 soundcloud.com/kaname_shigeyo… on #SoundCloud 2 days ago
Thought BubbleAfterlife Akihabara Amusement arcade Angel Beats! Animation anime Arcade game arcade gaming art Arts Asia blog Buddhism Business Communication Culture of Japan Dance Dance Revolution Dance Dance Revolution Series Dance Dance Revolution X2 Dance music DDR Education Eugene existentialism Facebook Games gaming Globalization God Happiness Hatsune Miku hedonism Internet Japan Japanese popular culture justice Konami Manga media morality music Music video game nature obscenity Oregon Otaku philosophy Popular culture religion Religion & Spirituality Religion and Spirituality Review Rock Band Romans Shopping Singapore Social media Social Networking space Study Abroad Summer technology Television time Tokyo Travel United States University of Oregon update Video game Video game console video games Vocaloid Wordpress Youth subculture